Please take "power factor correction" into consideration when ordering your power transformers and chokes to avoid having sagged power supply or core saturation.
Size the VA accordingly according to simplified rules of thumb as following:
- For high voltage B+
- Apply at least 1.5x of intended load
- 2x is recommended for high fever audiophile use
- Say 200mA DC is required, assume 300mA minimum when multiplying with the AC voltage for VA calculation.
- For low voltage DC filament supply
- Apply at least 2x of intended load
- 3x is recommended for high fever audiophile use
- Say 3A DC is required, assume 6A minimum when multiplying with the AC voltage for VA calculation.
Please ask if you do not know what or how to order to avoid under estimating the VA size due to the power factor correction required.
J&K audio Design